Make Us Your Homepage

Monday, June 13, 2011

About Today: When Should I Throw Away My Makeup?

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
Yesterday, I found some eye shadow I'd forgotten I had. It used to be my favorite, but then it slid to the bottom of my makeup bag. (OK, fine, it's more like a makeup suitcase.) Is it still safe to wear it?

Is Your Makeup Still Good?
I'm thinking back to when I got this eye shadow, and I'm pretty sure my hair was six inches shorter and I hadn't yet given in to leggings. This means that we're talking five years ago, at least.
See More About:  toss out makeup  makeup  throw away

When Should I Throw Away My Makeup?
The short answer, then, is that I need to throw this eye shadow away. Or else have it preserved in a block of Lucite and turned into a desk ornament.

What's the Shelf-Life of My Moisturizer?
Moisturizer is less of a problem as far as throwing things away. I have never owned a moisturizer for longer than two months without using up every last drop. Perhaps your skin is not as dry as the Sahara, however, and this is something that affects you.
See More About:  skin care faq's  skin care products 

When Should I Replace My Suncreen?
Sunscreen is more complicated, because I tend to buy crates of the stuff.
See More About:  sunscreen  sun block  spf

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
Ronald McDonald's Exit Interview
Easy Flan Recipe
Father's Day Sweepstakes: Win Father's Day Prizes for Dad
Are Your Shoes Giving You Arthritis?
How to Survive a Kitchen Renovation
Follow Us on Twitter!

 

More from About.com

Best Places to Live in America
One of the nicest aspects of living in the U.S. is the ability to choose from a huge variety of climates and lifestyles. More>



Birth Control Myths & Facts
How much do you know about birth control types, sex myths and pregnancy? Can you identify the myths verses the facts? More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2011 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment