Make Us Your Homepage

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

About Today: 10 Reasons to Take up Running

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
Every so often, I like to try a new type of exercise, in order to stave off boredom. Also, to try to make myself forget that I hate exercising. Honestly, if I were a naturally fit-looking person, I would never bother to become an actual fit person. My latest exercise of choice is running.

10 Reasons to Start Running
Reason no. 1: You are being chased. I'm kidding! (But seriously, that would be a good reason.)

Get in Shape With Running
I started running just a few weeks ago. It's too early to see major health benefits yet, but I have developed a limp, which makes me feel impressive and athletic. And, OK, maybe I feel a little better.
See More About:  how to run  beginner runners  learn to run

Can Running Help Me Lose Weight?
Of course, my major inspiration for taking up running was to lose weight. A lot of people start out the same way. The trick, of course, is not to eat everything in sight, just because we're exercising more.
See More About:  weight loss  control cravings  metabolism

The Absolute Beginner's Guide to Running
This piece was hugely helpful to me before I got started. It covers everything from training schedules, to stretching, to knowing when it's OK to run through pain.

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
What the Future Holds for Brad Marchand
How to Have a Garage Sale
Summer Intern Survival Guide
Mexican Recipes for Any Occasion
Father's Day Gifts for Bicyclists
Follow Us on Facebook

 

More from About.com

Best Places to Live in America
One of the nicest aspects of living in the U.S. is the ability to choose from a huge variety of climates and lifestyles. More>



Birth Control Myths & Facts
How much do you know about birth control types, sex myths and pregnancy? Can you identify the myths verses the facts? More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2011 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment