Make Us Your Homepage

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

About Today: Get Caught Reading

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
May is Get Caught Reading Month, which has my vote for best "official month of" name ever. It reminds me of reading under the covers as a kid, and sounds way less dorky than, say, "Everybody Read Month" or "Your Parents Would Like to Talk to You About Reading Comprehension Month."

10 Ways to Raise Kids Who Love Reading
I always loved reading, in part because my parents read to me and made it seem like a fun thing to do instead of going to bed on time, rather than a chore.

How to Motivate Your Tween to Read
Of course, it was easier when I was a kid. There were fewer distractions. The internet hadn't been invented yet and computers were made out of vacuum tubes and flashing lights. (OK, not quite. But close.)

New Books Released This Month
My next goal: Start keeping track of upcoming book releases, so that I can plan my next read. This list is really helpful. Maybe now I can stop standing in the middle of the book store looking befuddled, like a person who thinks she left the gas on at home.
See More About:  2011 books  recommended reading 

How to Start a Book Club
I have started many book clubs in my time, but followed through with few of them. This piece offers tips on starting a book club that will last.

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
Iceland Volcano Could Lower Gas Prices
Profile of Randy 'Macho Man' Savage
How to Have a Potluck
What Is the Right Size Bike for Your Child?
Video: How is Beer Brewed?
Follow Us on Facebook

 

More from About.com

Backyard Chickens 101
Dabble in the self-sufficient, eco-friendly life with these essential chicken-raising tips. More>



24 Amazing Container Gardens
These gorgeous and creative gardens prove it doesn't take a lot of space to create something special. More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2011 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment